Sunday, August 5, 2012

WEST COAST TRAIL, here we coooome!!!

Um, remember this post?
Well.
We had planned to do the West Coast Trail, like, years ago...(literally)...but ended up taking a different adventure called 'Becoming the Parents of Micah.' It was a better adventure. Besides, we always knew we'd end up doing the WCT later on. It is a bucket list goal for me, after all.

THE TIME HAS COME.

Some friends of ours had a couple spots open up on their entourage of West Coast Trail hikers and we seized the opportunity. It's the craziest last-minute thing we've ever done, especially since there are other more responsible things we could be doing with a bit of extra cash...but this is most definitely not the time to be responsible! It's perfect timing, in all reality, as far as our "family-planning" goes...and we are so grateful for the opportunity we've been given to go now.

We are hiking (backpacking) from Aug 19th-25th (our home address, too, anyone?)...and I'm pretty sure I'm going to die; I am determined to wear my hiking boots and carry my backpack around with weights in it everywhere I go...just to prevent something like, y'know, death, from happening. We'll see how that goes.

We are So so SO so sO excited!!! It'll be just Darren and I, the first time we've EVER been away from our kids for so long (10 DAYS.) But I'm trying not to think about that part because it will be the hardest part. I'm trying, instead, to focus on the fun dehydrated food we're going to bring, the fact that we'll be in BC (home!), and all the amazing pictures of the breathtaking scenery we are determined to take. And the fun blisters I'm going to get. Oh, wait...

West Coast Trail Veterans!!! Any advice? Things to take? Leave?

EeeeeeeEEEEeeeee!

source

3 comments:

lauren said...

awesome!! i have no advice to give you, except take LOTS OF PICTURES, please & thank you! all the pictures i've seen of the trail are amazing and you two would take some pretty incredible ones too, i'm sure!
have SO MUCH FUN! also, i wanna see you guys again soon. miss you all!

ec said...

so so so so so so fun!

a tad bit jealous, but super super excited for you guys. pumped to see your pictures.

missLaura said...

WCT is the best thing ever. It will never be crossed off your bucket list because, as soon as you do it you want to do it again!
Don't miss your kids too much, they will be there waiting for you.
Have FUN!!!