Friday, October 15, 2010

Midterms, Screaming, and Freezer Meals.

Those three things pretty much sum up what we three have been up to lately.

Darren's in the thick of midterms. We're torn between wishing baby would come RIGHT NOW and maybe hoping he/she would wait just a few days. So far, so good. Braxton-Hicks contractions have gradually been getting stronger and more uncomfortable, which gives us just enough hope without too much worry that the baby's imeeeeediately on its way. In all reality, it probably won't be for a while. My due date is still over a week and half away (but definitely not two weeks away...we've passed that mark).

Renae has been testing out her female ability to screech lately. Can the terrible two's start at 15.5 months? Just kidding! I know I've got a lot worse to live through than the screams she's been intermittently belting out...sometimes because she's mad. Other times, just because she can.

And freezer meals. Renae and I have been throwing a bunch together, a different one or two every day, for those times over the next month or so when I do not want to be worrying about dinner. Some great recipes for freezing have surfaced lately, and we're taking full advantage. If you want an idea or two, let me know, I've been dying to share. AND if you have and idea or two, I'm all ears...!

So, next post we'll have a baby.

Well.....maybe.
We can hope, right?

7 comments:

missLaura said...

I want some recipes! Freezer meals are always handy! I can't believe baby is coming so soon, wow! If you need me to come over in the middle of the night just call. I'm close and I don't have a baby to worry about or nurse.
Seriously, call me anytime and I'm there.

Just like you were the other day with the keys (thanks again)!

Ashley Smith said...

I have a great recipe for sweet and sour meatballs if you want it. And shepards pie as always a good freezer meal. That's my whole list. What do you have?

andrewandpaigeirwin said...

Pretty sure the terrible twos coincide with teething. Which means they begin with the primary dentition (6 months) and end with the Secondary dentition (10-12yrs) for some children the terrible twos extend until the completion of the eruption of the wisdom teeth (16-21 years). Usually this last stage of the terrible twos applies to females.
Mwahaha

andrewandpaigeirwin said...

P: Can you tell Andrew is in the middle of midterms as well? He speaks Dentist now. hahaha. lol. I would LOVE some freezer recipes. It's so nice to have meals prepared in the freezer for days when cooking just is not going to happen! I freeze soups, enchiladas, and that's about it. I'll FB the recipes too you :O)
p.s. hang in there... i know those last few days are the roughest.

lauren said...

i can't believe its already time for your baby! i am so so excited!

also. i am sad about conference weekend. sad i couldn't see you! i will have to make a trip to sk to see you AND new baby!

The Averetts said...

Hey, Laura. This is Sister Merkley from the mission. I am now Rachel Averett. I go the website www.heavenlyhomemakers.com and she has great recipe Ideas. I really liked the sloppy cornbread muffins to freeze. And on www.moneysavingmom.com she has some brown bag skillet burrito recipe to die for that my husband could not get enough of.

andrewandpaigeirwin said...

Hey Laura... my friend does this "Share a meal monday" post and people link up. I linked up to it this week... you should check it out... lots of yummy ideas!