It turned an already super cuddly boy into a permanent growth on my hip for 5 days straight. My muscles are HUGE, I tell ya.
Just when I would get to thinking he was feeling better, I would give him too much to eat...or too much to drink all-at-once...and up it would come (too much info?). Because I learn my lessons sometimes, I had been holding back on the food and drink...only giving this hungry and verging-on-dehydrated little boy little bits at a time so he would keep it down. As a result, he decided to resort to desperate measures. He would put his face an inch away from mine, bat those long dark eyelashes that surround impossibly pleading eyes, sign please and say the first sound of whatever he was asking for (ie. "drrr?" for drink). He would say it really earnestly, but gently...and then lean in and give me a kiss...and then ask in his polite little voice again...and again...and again...all the while punctuating his pleas with little bribery kisses.
Impossible to refuse! Seriously!
Oh my gosh. This boy is trouble.
Which reminds me...I've got to stop saying Oh my gosh. It came of Renae's mouth the other day and freaked me out....which, coincidentally delighted her and caused her to repeat it over and over again because I kept telling her to say something else. Awesome. Anyone want a 2.5 year old going on fifteeen?
Okay, it's true, they're BOTH trouble.
Yeesh.
![]() |
| FYI: This kid's kryptonite is a soft blanket. He goes to mush every time. |
On a completely unrelated note, Darren is in Las Vegas all this next week at WPPI. It's huge and he's excited and I'm jealous. And excited. Jealous-excited. Make sense?
I'm coping by making wedding decorations all week for Brett and Heather's wedding while watching chick flicks. First on the list? Breaking Dawn. Then I'll probably dive into some Jane Austen classics to redeem myself a little.
Any suggestions? Good chick flicks, old and new?


5 comments:
Chick Flicks eh? I would suggest anything from the Bourne series. There is a girl or two in it.... I think.
how about "music and lyrics" Hugh and Drew make me melt. (but if you want something really spectacular - and have plenty of time on your hands - you must, MUST, watch "North and South". the BBC 4part miniseries, not the Kirstie Alley 80s miniseries.)
return to me, pride & prejudice & princess bride are my 3 go to's.
will you be coming to the med hat reception? excited to see you!
Not so secret guilty please - dancing movies. I suggest Take the lead with Antonio Banderas. I also really like she the man with Channing Tatum and Amanda Bynes. I saw their wedding invitation at my parents house. Sooo cute.
wow that comment was so choppy and disconnected. sorry. I swear it made sense in my head.
Post a Comment